Timeline is a visual representation of planned and current tasks over time. This mode allows you to set a time frame for each task, i.e. the start and end date of work on it.
In Kaiten, you can stretch and narrow the time intervals for tasks. You can also move the time slot along the timeline. The timeline may have different scales. You can assign a person to a task when pointing at a time slot:
You can add and edit tasks directly in Timeline mode without going back to the Boards.
You can change the column and the lane in which the card is located.
In the Timeline section, you can download the report in the form of an Excel table. To download the report, click the Download button on the top panel.
In the report, you will find the following information:
5. Planned start - planned start date of work. The value in this column will appear if you fill in the Timeline field in the card or create a stripe of bright color on the chart.
6. Planned end - planned end date of work. The value in this column will appear if you fill in the Timeline field in the card or create a stripe of bright color on the chart.
7. Calculated start date - the earliest scheduled date among the child tasks. Specified only for parent cards, provided that there are deadlines in the child cards.
8. Calculated end date - the latest scheduled date among the child tasks. Indicated only for parent cards, provided that there are deadlines in the child cards
1. Apply a filter system to find the desired cards
Click the "Filters" button → select a filter
2. Add columns with the necessary information
Click "Settings" → Field settings → check the box next to the fields you need
3. Adjust the width of the columns. Kaiten will remember your column and scale settings, so you won't have to adjust anything the next time you visit.
4. You don’t need to switch to boards to make a card a child card. Just drag the card wherever you want, and Kaiten will offer to edit the card’s links.